2.5GHz RF Over Fiber
RFOptic presents its new innovative controllable RF Over Fiber product line.
RFOptic’s palm size analog RFoF modules are used to convert RF signals to optical signals that can be carried over long distances. The Tx unit using an optical transmitter that converts RF to Optical signals and the Rx unit converts them back to an RF signal. The two units are connected through the customer’s single mode fiber.
RF Optic’s RF over Fiber modules (RFoF) are suitable for telecommunications, satellite, radio telescopes, distribution antennas, broadcasting audio and video, timing synchronization and GPS applications. For example, point-to-point antennas can be connected from several meters to many kilometers away from the control room by fiber cables; Base stations can be connected through fiber to remote sector antennas; Satellite antennas can be connected through fiber cable to remote sites via by RF over Fiber solutions.
Both the Tx and Rx units include: LNAs and variable attenuators that enable the customer to adjust the Noise Figure, Input P1dB, IP3 with wide dynamic range values. The LNA can be operated through the RFoF Software allowing RF input power in the range of -100 dBm/1MHz for wide-band applications, with a low Noise Figure of 6 dB. The RFoF link has excellent gain flatness with 0.5dB gain tracking between different links. For special applications requiring temperature stability operation, a unique algorithm supporting 0.5 dB over 100°C has been developed. The DC power of the RFoF modules has a flexibility of 5 to 12 Volts.
A user-friendly RFoF software enables for adjustment of the RF and the Optical parameters, such as link Gain, Noise figure, P1dB, Optical power, LED indication and module information, either locally or remotely.
Furthermore, the RFoF link has contains a full diagnostic capability including Tx, Rx and complete link test (Optical and RF). These features provide significant savings in terms of test equipment and provide real time diagnostics of any deployed link.
- Next Generation RFoF modules with significant performances improvement.
- Supports up to 0.05 - 2.5 GHz.
- Better linearity, excellent gain flatness, and Tx, Rx and Link gain control.
- Noise Figure down to 6 dB with LNA with MDS ~168 dB/Hz for very low incoming signals.
- Internal microcontroller and Optical control enabled by Software.
- End-to-end Diagnostics reduces installation and maintenance time, enabled by Software.
- Gain variation S21(fo) of ±1 dB for 90 °C variation, utilizing special algorithm.
- Remote Management by GUI installed on PC.
- Impedances of 50 Ohms and 75 Ohm.
- Bias-T (5V-up to 250 mA)- optional.
- Bias-T for GPS applications
- Outdoor enclosure (unidirectional/bidirectional)
- 1U Generic enclosure (4 units)
- U Removable panel enclosure (4/8 units)
BROADCAST | GPS | REMOTE ANTENNA | SATCOM